“Safety first,” said Inbox.lv and created 4 new security notifications that will provide additional protection against e-mail threats on-line!
Nowadays, email is one of those places where everyone tends to keep a variety of personal and professional information and this is the reason why Inbox.lv created 4 new security notifications which will receive all of our e-mail server users.
The main goal of these notifications is to inform you about variety unusual or suspicious activities in your mailbox. Everyone need to remember that third-person access to your mailbox may result not only in some complications, but also in financial losses!
To help you keep track of your account security, Inbox will send an e-mail message each time when:
- You or someone else would like to reset password to inbox.lv user account;
- System will detect an unusual sign-in activity;
- When you set up two-step verification;
- When you remove two-step verification;
If, after receiving such notice, you have the feeling that someone may have access to your mailbox, then for security reasons we recommend you take the following actions:
- Restore your access password;
- Change your secret question and answer to it;
- In Profile section add alternative e-mail address or phone number;
- Add additional security feature – two step verification;
- If you are using POP3/IMAP protocol – check if you are connected to the data encryption (TLS / SSL).
Important! All notifications are turned on by default, but if you don’t want to receive them – this feature can be disabled. How to disable notifications, read here.
Keep your mailbox safe – never leave it open unsupervised!